HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Letters

E-mail Print PDF
You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen; Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blitzen; but do you recall, the most destructive Reindeer of them all? He's Flower, the plant-eating Reindeer-he'll eat all your plants, short and tall, and lots of folks on Holly Lake Ranch don't like Reindeer at all. So they voted to round them up and kill them!
Of course we know the deer at Holly Lake are not Reindeer-the real Reindeer live with Santa at the North Pole-but my grandchildren and the grandchildren of my friends think they are real. We have friends that have driven here for 13 years to show their kids and grandkids Santa's Reindeer. I guess we will soon have to change our story when the kids come out to see the deer. Santa had too many Reindeer so he let the good folks at Holly Lake round em up, round em up and slaughter em all!
A couple of weeks ago we had 9 huge bucks in our driveway. I wanted to run right out and shoot them all-with my camera. Compared to the city where we lived before-the Ranch is a paradise. We thank God for allowing the deer to run free and eat the natural foliage. Flowers are seasonal. We can always replant them. The deer ate my flowers too, but that's a small price to pay for living in such a wonderful place as Holly Lake Ranch. So play Golf and Mahjong and leave the deer alone!
Ann Motsenbocker, a concerned Holly Lake Ranch homeowner.