HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

“Bonus Bucks” at The Gardens!

E-mail Print PDF
I had a wonderful afternoon visit today with two lovely ladies.
One of them was Pattie Waters, from the Tyler/Lindale area who is now a resident of The Gardens and Barbara Foster, the Activities Director there.
We met in a beautiful room with lots of sunlight and cheerful surroundings. It seems there is never a dull moment at the Gardens and everyone who participates is given Bonus Bucks. This is a great incentive to be active and a part of the fun. Bonus Bucks are given when they play Bingo, Crafts, go on field trips such as WalMart, Dollar Stores, and other away activities such as The Old Mill Pond, Tiger Creek, Faulkner Park in Lindale, and Goodman Museum in Tyler (which is a historical trip.) In December, the Staff has planned a trip to the Quitman High School Musical, which is always a great way to start the Holidays!
There will be a Residence Christmas Gift Store to which Donations may be given. To inspire the residents, Barbara Foster started handing out Bonus Bucks. This is play money for game prizes, for doing good deeds, or even giving each other a smile or a hug to encourage them.
Every 4 or 5 weeks they have a little auction. Items are usually something simple but it has really brought out the best in moral and also makes for good fun! In closing, I would like to make a suggestion to those of you who are game! I have looked through my cabinets and corners and found a number of things that I no longer use or need and am going to donate to the Christmas Store.
If you have such items, and would like to donate them to a good cause... please call me and I wlll be glad to pick them up or you may bring them to my house at 156 Palo Duro Pass, Holly Lake Ranch. I will deliver them before the 20th of December. Thanks for your interest, and a Merry Christmas to all! Annette Crabtree.