Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Sitting County Judge will run again.

E-mail Print PDF

County Judge Jeanes
to seek re-election

Wood County Judge Bryan Jeanes announced today that he will be seeking another term as county judge and is formally declaring his candidacy for re-election. Jeanes said he is proud of what he has accomplished in his first term and looks forward to continuing his service to Wood County.
"It has been my great honor to serve the citizens of Wood County since being elected in 2002." Jeanes said. "In that time, I've worked hard to bring my common sense straight-forward business approach to the job first as your county treasurer and then as your county judge. On issues such as employee and retiree health and retirement plans, administration of commissioners court, misdemeanor criminal court as well as other judicial functions, and the budget, I've sought to do what's right for Wood County and my constituents."
Since his election in 2006, Judge Jeanes has overseen progress in the misdemeanor court system, the updating of many of the county properties including the main courthouse in Quitman, the automating of collections services in many offices and the information technology upgrades countywide. He credits the hard work and cooperation of other elected officials and department heads with the progress achieved. "I am fortunate to have the opportunity to work with some very dedicated leaders and county employees. The people of Wood County should be very proud of the individuals they have providing their county services. These are comparatively some of the most committed workers that I have ever had the pleasure of working with in my entire career," said Jeanes. He added, "I hope that my constituents have been satisfied enough with my performance thus far to extend to me the chance to continue to serve the county for another four years."
Judge Jeanes, whose current term ends December 2010, will be seeking re-election first in the March 2010 primary and subsequently in the general election in November 2010.

The only searchable local paper.