HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

“Wilson Reports”

E-mail Print PDF

"Wilson Reports" a part of free "Early news" email-see below info.The letter was sent by Second Lieutenant LeeAnne Walker to Jeanette Sterner (Col. U.S. Army Ret.) who is the club's liaison to the military. Hello Ma'am,

I wanted to send you an e-mail to let you know we received all the care packages from your group. I must say, for about a week, it was like Christmas! Packages would trickle in little by little. Thank you, and thanks to the ladies of the Republican Women of Wood County for the overwhelming generosity.

It uplifted these soldiers who have been here 10 long months and was a great morale booster! The items were exactly what people were needing. Our little PX here barely keeps itself stocked most of the time, so this was a huge help. Plus the cookies, brownies, and other food items were a treat! We were even able to use some of the items for decoration for our 4th of July BBQ. I had no idea of the importance of care packages on morale until I saw it with my own eyes. Please know that this had a positive impact on the soldiers.

From Charlie Company 27th BSB, 4-1CD, thank you again for your kind generosity.

2LT LeeAnne Walker

"The RWWC thanks all those who contributed to the packages sent to the troops last month. "

Sheilah Pepper, Chair - Advertising & Publicity, Republican Women of Wood County (please forward to friends!)