HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Pastor David Hicks

E-mail Print PDF

My wife Carolyn and I were able to attend one of the Centennial Celebration Services at First Baptist Church of Hawkins on June 11. The gospel group, "David's Song" gave a concert that night. During that concert people were asked to stand up and give a testimony of how God had ministered to them in that church. A few people did just that.

Their stories reminded me of another story I had once read. It seems that a man had traveled to a large city that was a new destination for him. He stopped and asked a man for directions, but the man's help was vague and unsatisfactory. Another man, coming up and seeing the stranger's perplexity, asked him where he wished to go. On being told, he replied, "Just come along with me, I am going that way myself."

What a testimony First Baptist Church is... in their faithfulness to God and God's faithfulness to them!

What a great example they have given to the rest of us in leading others to "The Way," Jesus Christ. My prayer for all of us is: "May all who come behind us find us faithful!" Amen.

David Hicks, Pastor

Hawkins First United Methodist Church