HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Wilson Reports

E-mail Print PDF

"Wilson Reports" a part of free "Early news" email-see below info.While sitting at a front table (at Jewel's) waiting to meet with Neal Duncan at 6:30 Fri. (6-10) a 5 year employee gave the Gazette this scoop. She said the employees were anxiously awaiting more information. The new owner's name that I heard from her was the Perez family and they owned a restaurant across from Brookshires in Winnsboro. W.C.

My meeting with Neal Duncan at Jewel's, that was a part of the news flash sent out last Fri., was to go over my new KMOO Radio campaign that Neal wrote and "voiced" for me, that will promote the new History Story format in the GAZETTE. This ad campaign will begin on KMOO next week and will feature Neal in his "Tom Bodett Motel 6" voice and style with the ending, "they will leave the presses on for you"! Add another skill to Mr. Duncan's long list of talents. W.C.This is what I said last Sun: "100% of my feedback on "letter from inside prison" had been positive up until last Thursday afternoon 6-2-11 (after paper hit mailboxes) when I had an irate phone call from a lady on the Ranch complaining about the series and saying she was going to report me to Child Protective Services and Prestonwood Baptist Church (Shane had mentioned the church's name as being where he had attended) and other things. My reaction was surprise but I would really like some emails from you guys (and gals) on just what you think." Then on Sat 6-11-11 I received a letter written Wed. 6-8-11 from Shane asking me to stop what we have been doing in the paper because someone had made threats that concern his family. Nothing else new will appear in this paper. (please forward this to your friends list) Note: see letter below Sparks Editorial on page A 2 W.C.

The above information is a part of the Regular Weekly Email that goes out every Sunday to those who have entered their email on the Gazette site. It is a free service and quite easy to sign up for. Our goal is to have 3,000 on this list. In addition to the early news the message has reminders covering the next week to 10 days of local activities.

It is a good thing to have this "free service" coming your way every week. Simply go to www.hlrgazette.com and type in your email in the box provided. It will automaticly be added to the list of those receiving the weekly messages. If you have questions call me and I will discuss them with you.

903-769-5014 Wilson Crabtree, publisher.