HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Garden Club Meeting

E-mail Print PDF

This coming Tuesday, April 26, will be our next regular garden club meeting - 2:00 p.m. at Holly Hall

Lucy Germany will present the program on edible wild plants and the Mineola Preserve.

On TUESDAY, MAY 3, we will take a trip to the Mineola Preserve. Lucy will point out what the Master Gardeners and Naturalists have done and aspects of the Preserve that she spoke of at the meeting. For this outing, we will meet at the Holly Chapel parking lot at 9:00 a.m. and car pool to the preserve.

BRING A PICNIC LUNCH AND A DRINK TO THIS OUTING - There is a beautiful pavilion overlooking a small lake where we can have lunch

ALSO, there is a 3 mile walking trail. All those wanting to walk this trail, we can do so after our picnic lunch. I plan to walk the trail and I will drive. I can take 4 with me, so four of you wanting to walk the trail can plan on riding with me if you would like

THEN - TUESDAY, MAY 31 - Our last meeting (for the Spring) at 2:00 p.m. at the Hall. Cecil Wallace will present a program on Native plants that bloom in May and June in our area.

THEN - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8 - A trip to a ranch over by Edom to view the Native Plants that Cecil told us about. Now, these are not the wildflowers that we are used to, and bombarded with information about, but plants that are often overlooked.

After our tour, we will adjourn to Edom for lunch at the Bakery

FOR THIS OUTING - we will meet at the Holly Chapel parking lot at 8:30 a.m. to car pool over

AND - Blue Moon Nursery is on the way home for those of you who want to stop by there. If you have never been to Blue Moon Nursery, you should definitely take advantage of being in the area to see it - AN AMAZING NURSERY

OK - Please put these dates on your calendars and try to make your plans to attend the road trips. We will have a sign up sheet for the NATIVE PLANTS TRIP at our Tuesday April 26 meeting so we can make lunch reservations

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me (903-769-1346) or e-mail me ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )

Dianne Adams, President, Holly Gardeners