HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Pastor David Hicks

E-mail Print PDF
I don't recall where I found this prayer, but I've had it for years. I hope you like it and that it is helpful to you! "Almighty God, whose blessings we enjoy in all times and seasons, at this special season of the year that we are made aware of thy constant goodness. We offer thee thanks for provident care and sustaining blessing. We thank thee for bounteous harvests and for the promise of adequate food. Help us to be sharers. We bless thee for families and homes, for communities and fellow citizens where we live. We bless thee for beauty that surrounds us and for this marvelous habitationwe call earth. We are grateful for peace in the land and for the hope of durable peace in the world. We praise thee for the hope that lies before us and for high expectations that urge us forward. We thank thee for our country and for thy guiding hand over us in times past. Forgive us our trespasses. We are grateful for one another and for ties that bind us together. We bless thee for the church and for our being part of it. Help us to continue to grow and deepen our lives spiritually. Amen.
Don't forget about our Community Thanksgiving Service. It will take place on Sunday, November 21, at 6:00 pm at First Baptist Church in Hawkins. I hope to see you there!
David Hicks, Pastor
Hawkins First United Methodist Church